Thank you so much to Karama for nominating me for the Inspirational Blogger Award. It really feels like such an honor since I haven’t been doing this that long and honestly I am kind of shy/sensitive about my photography stuff… It took me a couple of weeks to tell my family about this blog and most of my friends don’t really know about it so it feels great to have my work appreciated. Words truly don’t convey how much this really means to me.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- List the rules and display the award
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate other amazing blogs and comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them
- My family is my everything. I am an exceptionally family oriented person and even though you won’t see their faces on here (just due to privacy stuff) my apartment is decked with tons of photos of them. They are my rocks and the wind that keeps pushing me forward
- I am a Cal Bear through and through. I got my Bachelor’s degree at UC Berkeley in physics and I played on the Varsity softball team there for two of the years before I got a bulging disk in my back and I stayed connected with the Athletic department afterwards my working as an intern in the Media Relations wing.
- My first and truest love is softball. I fell in love with the game as soon as I started playing and loved being a catcher. It was a very hard adjustment to learn that I would never be able to swing a bat again due to my back… Little known fact: I started playing because the nest door neighbor came home one day with a visor and I really wanted to know how to get one 😉
- I firmly believe that you should do your very best at everything you do. The question I always ask myself at the end of a day/test/project is “Did you do your absolute best? Was there anything more you could’ve done? If not, you should be proud of whatever you were able to accomplish.” This has kept me able to stay positive through some rough times.
- I am extremely loyal to my friends. If one of my good friends is there for me in my time of need I make sure that I am there for them whenever I need to be or can be. Graduating from college makes it hard to stay in touch with all of your best friends as you each branch apart following your own dreams. The people who you want to keep in your life are worth the extra effort
- I love printing out all of my photos and either making collages for my walls (I am running out of space) or photo albums. I like to look at all the photos and remember all the good memories they bring up
- I started doing triathlons after I hurt my back and I truly enjoy the challenge physically and mentally that they invoke. It was cool to find something that my dad and I could still spend time together doing and we have slowly gotten the rest of the family into it. I have finished two Half Ironman 70.3’s and will not be racing my dad as he does a full this fall but I will be the team photographer cheering him on. I hope to start training for a full once I am done with grad school and have a more set schedule
Also, I am starting the 5 Day Black and White Challenge today so if anyone wants to join me let me know, it’s pretty hard to find people to join in 🙂